Madrid Airport Services

These are the services you will find at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport. Select a service type and choose a category for details and the terminals and locations where you will find them.

Arrivals area


Passport Control

After disembarking, if your flight was from countries outside the Schengen area, you must go through Passport Control.

For more information on the requirements for entering into Spain, see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation website

Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport has a police-supervised Automatic Border Control (ABC) system that automatically identifies and verifies documents to give passengers fast-track passage through Passport Control. In order to be able to use this system, passengers must be citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland, be over 18 years old and have an electronic passport or electronic ID card (DNI-e).


Baggage reclaim

After leaving the plane, please follow the signs to the baggage reclaim hall assigned to your flight. Once you are in the appropriate hall, if you checked in luggage at the airport you left from, look at the screens to see which baggage reclaim carousel has been assigned to your flight.

Terminal T1: please go to baggage reclaim hall 1 (non-Schengen) or baggage reclaim hall 2 (domestic flights and Schengen) on the ground floor.

Terminal T2: please go to baggage reclaim hall 6 (domestic and Schengen flights) on the ground floor.

Terminal T4 and Terminal T4 Satellite: please go to baggage reclaim hall 10 on the ground floor.

For lost or damaged luggage, please go to your airline or handling agent's desk.



Located in lounge 1 of Terminal T1 (floor P0) and lounge 11 of Terminal T4 (floor P0).

If coming from a country outside the European Union, you must decide whether you are carrying goods which need to be declared, and go through airport Customs. Some examples of goods that must be declared are food, high-value electronics, cash over 10,000 euros, etc. If in doubt, the best option is to ask at Customs.