Following the official inauguration of new terminal at Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport, a new exhibition space has been opened in the arrivals hall.
As part of our endeavour to provide users with services to make their stay at the airport more pleasant, the exhibition hall was created to provide plastic artists with an additional exhibition area to complement the renowned galleries and exhibition halls of Málaga and the Costa del Sol.
This hall replaces the Espacio Didier Daurat, which has been open for ten years in Terminal 2.
If you are interested in exhibiting your work in this space, the rules established for its use are as follows:
- Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport has an exhibition hall where artists can exhibit their painting, sculptures or any other form of plastic art to promote and advertise their work.
- The artist/exhibitor must make a written application to the airport management, attaching their CV and a photograph of their work or catalogue of previous exhibitions. This information will be used to select the artists who shall exhibit their work. The selection criteria shall be established exclusively by the airport management.
- Each exhibition shall last for approximately 10 to 15 days.
- The artist/exhibitor must previously determine the opening and closing hours of the exhibition, and adapt to the same.
- The artist/exhibitor is responsible for hanging and taking down the exhibition, and will ensure at all times the good condition of the facilities (you cannot drill holes, nail or stick anything to the walls of the rest of the fittings.
- The artist will be responsible for the opening and closing of the space, as well as looking after it. To do this you must be authorised by security and you will need: a copy of the ID/Passport of the person or persons designated for this purpose, a passport photograph and the payment of €8.85 per security card. Those responsible for this will collect the key everyday from the Support Office for Passengers, Users and Customers
(Reception) for opening, and will return it whenever the room is closed.
- The artist is responsible for the costs incurred with respect to leaflets and posters for the exhibition. The posters will always be made following the airport management guidelines.
- There is the possibility that the airport will keep one of the exhibited works, always with the artist's agreement, to become part of its artistic heritage.
- The exhibitor will have to pay, as a deposit, the sum of €100 to cover any damages that could arise in the exhibition room during the time of the exhibition of his/her work, or in the hanging or taking down. This deposit will be returned as soon as possible after the exhibition has finished, provided that Aena is satisfied that no damage has been caused. If this is not the case, the total cost of damage will be discounted. All this does not preclude damages that are greater than the deposit, which Aena can claim for.
- Since the exhibition hall is provided free of charge, the artist/exhibitor releases Aena of responsibility for any damage caused to the works on display, for any reason. Nevertheless, Aena agrees to implement basic measures to avoid such damage.
Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport, External Relations Department.
Telephone number: 34 952 048 798.