Season tickets & discounted fares
See the different types of passes and fares.
As well as the tickets sold by each public transport operator in Madrid for their own networks, the Consorcio de Transportes de Madrid offers different types of travel passes and money-saving tickets valid for use on any type of public transport.
There are two types of metrobus pass:
- Valid for 10 Metro trips in zone A, in EMT city buses (except the Línea Exprés to and from the airport) and Metro Ligero line 1: €12.20.
- Valid for 10 Metro trips and EMT city bus trips (except Línea Exprés) with a single transfer from EMT to EMT in a maximum of 60 minutes from the first validation: €18.30.
You can buy this at the ticket counters or the ticket machines in the lobby of any Metro station, and in tobacconists and authorised newspaper kiosks in the municipality of Madrid.
Public Transport Pass:
Valid for unlimited travel within its corresponding zones (eight zones, six in the Madrid Region and two in Castilla-La Mancha) and validity period (30 days or annual).
It can be used on all EMT bus routes, all Metro Madrid lines, all the Metros Ligeros network, all Cercanías Madrid local trains, and all the city and intercity buses not managed by Empresa Municipal de Transportes (EMT).
The Public Transport Pass may be requested online, over the phone by dialling 012 (appointment) or at Public Transport Pass management offices. To request the pass you need to provide a recent passport-sized colour photograph (except at management offices where the photograph will be taken at registration), a photocopy of your national ID card, passport or resident's permit and the request form. A charge of €4 must be paid on requesting the pass for the first time.The card can be obtained following registration at the management offices and by post if requested online. The 30 day pass can be topped up at automatic machines installed in Metro stations, selected Bankia cash machines, tobacconists and other authorised points of sale. There is a 10 day deadline to validate cards once they are topped up. After the deadline the unused days will be discounted from the card's validity period.
The easiest, most convenient and most economical way to get around the Madrid Region. This pass gives you unlimited use of all forms of public transport.
There are passes from 1 to 7 days. Children under 11 pay half price.
You can choose two zones:
- Zone A: includes services on Metro Madrid, Metro Ligero ML1, suburban trains within this zone and Madrid EMT buses (except the express airport buses).
- Zone T: includes all public transport in the Madrid Autonomous Region. It is not valid for the Línea Exprés airport bus or for regional RENFE railway lines.
The tourist pass is personal and not transferrable. When requesting it you must present an official document (ID, Passport, etc.) proving your identity, and note its number on the pass.
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport: Arrivals Terminal T1 and Terminal T4.
- Available at the offices of the Consorcio Regional de Transportes (3 Plaza Descubridor Diego de Ordás),
- Metro ticket counters,
- the User Help Centre at Barajas airport,
- authorised tobacconists,
- tourist sites,
- leading travel agencies and tour operators, and
- online: http://www.neoturismo.com/es/inicio
With the help of