Travelling from Spain to the United Kingdom

If you are going to travel to the United Kingdom from Spain, you need to know:


  • All passengers on flights to the United Kingdom must have their passport.


  • Animals must be brought into the United Kingdom via an authorised route and have a microchip and valid rabies vaccination.
  • One of the following documents will be required:

    • European pet passport (issued in the EU or United Kingdom before 1 January 2021).
    • Animal health certificate (AHC) issued in the United Kingdom for travel to the EU (it can be used for up to 4 months from its date of issue).
  • For further information about bringing pets into the United Kingdom, please see this link.


  • Passengers arriving in the United Kingdom from Spain may carry a certain amount of goods without paying taxes at UK customs. The purchased goods must be for their own consumption or be gifts.
  • Please check the maximum amounts of alcohol and tobacco you can transport without paying taxes by clicking on this link.
  • The United Kingdom allows products of animal origin (meat, milk and derivatives) and plant-based products (seeds, plants, fruit, vegetables, flowers, etc.) to be brought in from countries that belong to the European Union, provided that they comply with certain requirements. Please check the regulations for bringing in food and plants by clicking on this link.

VAT refund

  • A Value Added Tax (VAT) refund can be requested for goods purchased during a stay in the United Kingdom.
  • Check the conditions by clicking on this link.