Palma de Mallorca Airport's Environment Department has Noise Measurement Terminals (NMT) located in strategic places around the perimeter of the airport to detect, measure and associate the noise produced by aircraft as they fly over the microphones installed in strategic zones in the surrounding area.
The locations of the measurement terminals were selected in order to correctly measure environmental noise levels in the airport's area of influence. There are 8 fixed terminals and 2 mobile ones, which are used for the daily environmental monitoring of aircraft noise pollution.
- Location of NMTs:
- TMR 01: Sant Jordi. Health Centre
- TMR 02: Sa Casablanca. EMAYA building
- TMR 03: Airport. Departure point 24L
- TMR 04: Airport. Departure point 24R
- TMR 05: Airport. Departure point 06L
- TMR 06: Can Pastilla. Hotel Alexandra
- TMR 07: Cala Gamba. Hospital S.J. Dios
- TMR 08: Illetas. Hotel Meliá
- TMR 09: (Mobile)
- TMR 10: (Mobile)