The Environment Department of Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport has Noise Measurement Terminals (NMT) strategically located around the perimeter of the airport to detect, measure and associate the noise produced by aircraft as they fly over the microphones installed in strategic zones in the surrounding area.
The locations of the measurement terminals were selected in order to correctly measure environmental noise levels in the airport's area of influence. There are 7 fixed terminals and 1 mobile terminal for the daily monitoring of aircraft noise pollution.
- Location of NMTs:
- TMR-1: Churriana. Municipal library
- TMR-2: Barriada Zapata district. Sports facilities
- TMR-3: Castañetas. "Las Castañetas" social centre
- TMR-4: Campanillas. "Francisco de Quevedo" School
- TMR-5: Santa Rosalía. Operational services centre. District 9
- TMR-6: San Julián. Social and cultural centre
- TMR-7: Cártama. Mayor's office (mobile)
- TMR-8: Runway