Among the corrective measures adopted by the airport to reduce noise levels, mention should be made of compliance with the Resolution of 30 August 2006 of The Spanish Civil Aviation Authority introducing operating restrictions in Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport, following the Balanced approach procedure of Royal Decree 1257/2003 of 3 October, which adapts Directive 2002/30/EC of 26 March 2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council to the Spanish legal code.
Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport has implemented the following corrective measures:
- Infrastructure use restrictions during night-time hours and operations on aprons R-5, R-6 and South Dock.
- Reverse use restrictions during night-time hours.
- APU use restrictions during night-time hours.
- Restrictions on engine testing, except in infrastructures built for said purpose.
- Noise impact check and associated noise prints, in the Airport Expansion Works Monitoring Commission (CSAM).
- Approval of Noise Abatement Plans
- Total prohibition, as from 1 April 2002, of aircraft certified pursuant to Chapter 2 of Annex 16, Vol. I of the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
- Prohibition of night-time operations of aircraft with noise levels of 4 or higher.
- Introduction of PRNAV departure procedures.
- Gradual reduction of aircraft deemed having Marginal Conformity levels, up to 28 September 2012, in compliance with resolution of 30 August issued by The Spanish Civil Aviation Authority.