Infrastructure for the air freight
Infrastructure for the air freight service at Zaragoza Airport.
Since 2009, Zaragoza Airport's expanding air freight activity has placed it third in Spain in terms of volume of cargo. In 2014 it processed 85,741 tonnes of cargo, predominantly textile products which represented 50% of the transported goods.
Why operate in Zaragoza Airport, specialising in air freight?
- Its strategic location places it in the centre of a 300 km radius which includes the main economic and industrial hubs of the Peninsula (Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Bilbao) and the south of France (like Toulouse).
- Zaragoza Airport is integrated with the largest logistical platform in southern Europe, an intermodal transport hub (rail, road and air) making Zaragoza one of the most important logistics cities in Europe.
- It offers excellent access with many different connections. Its warehouses, equipment and development capacity are at the service of the specific needs of each company, and it is equipped with the latest technology.
- It operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is an EU-Approved Border Inspection Post (BIP) for animal products for human consumption, and has facilities for controlling plant-based products. The various Government Services involved in airport operation are all available.
- It has three handling operators providing the best possible service. They all have their own warehouses for handling goods and a temperature controlled storage facility for perishable goods next to the PIF.
- The simplicity of the airport's infrastructure speeds up the management of cargo, making faster delivery times possible and thus reducing costs. It has also benefited from the notable reductions in air freight tariffs of recent years.
Its 20,000 square metres of developed site permit the installation of new first and second line companies.
Ten air freight companies currently operate in the airport, connecting to destinations in Europe, Russia, the Americas, East Asia and the Middle East.
choose an airport