Air Freight Facility
Offices, business premises and car parks serving air freight at Madrid-Barajas airport.
The Madrid-Barajas Air Freight Facility, at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport, has become the largest hub of air freight companies in Spain, with more than 200 companies established there. Developed in two phases, the first on 32.5 hectares and the second on 8.8 hectares, it has an exceptional location in the heart of the industrial and services area of Madrid and its region.
Its location enables direct connections to the access and ring roads between the airport and the logistics centres. The technical, physical and geographical characteristics of the Air Freight Facility make it a major intermodal logistics centre, structured along differentiated lines of operation separated by a road through the site. The first line enables handling operators, autohandling and courier companies to set up their facilities on the apron. The second line provides an ideal site for cargo agencies, forwarders and logistics operators in general.
The general services building
The general services building, with a floor area of 15,210 square metres, stands at the main entrance of the facility, and is unmistakably its epicentre, home to more than 125 air freight companies, airlines, GSAs, forwarders and customs agents, among others.
As well as office areas, the building has three service areas:
- A Government centre for all the services required in airport operations, Customs, border checks and so on.
- A business centre with various sizes of rooms for meetings, seminars and other events.
- A commercial area with a bank, self-service and cafeteria to meet the needs of customers.
Why operate in the Madrid-Barajas Air Freight Facility?
- It is located in an area of enormous market potential for air freight, especially between Spain and the Americas, as well as the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa.
- It enables the integration of all the operators on a single site, favouring shorter transfer times in the logistics chain.
- It operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It offers Customs services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It has EU-approved border inspection posts for all product types, and a Government centre for dealing with all the customs formalities of airport operations.
- It provides a general services building with banking services, catering services, a business centre and more than 1,000 parking spaces.
- It is home to more than 180 companies operating in the facilities.
- It has five handling agents offering the best possible service.
- If offers EDI communications with Customs.
choose an airport