The Environment Department of Alicante-Elche Airport has Noise Monitoring Terminals (NMT) in strategic locations around the perimeter of the airport to detect, measure and identify the noise produced by aircraft as they fly over the microphones strategically installed in the surrounding area.
The locations of the measurement terminals were selected in order to correctly measure environmental noise levels in the airport's area of influence. There are 5 fixed terminals and 1 mobile terminal for the daily monitoring of aircraft noise pollution.
- Location of NMTs:
- NMT-1: Bonavista residential estate. Water tanks
- NMT-2: Torrellano industrial estate. Bulevar Parque Building
- NMT-3: Torrellano. Sports complex
- NMT-4: El Altet. Civic centre
- NMT-5: Urbanova. Civic centre
- NMT-6: Airport (mobile)
With the help of