Services for PRM
Aena is committed to values such as coexistence and integration.
Services for people with disabilities
In compliance with the European Parliament regulation EC1107/2006, as from 26 July 2008 all European airports will operate an assistance service for passengers with reduced mobility.
This European Union measure represents great social progress for disabled people, and Aena has made financial, material and human resources available so that all Spanish Airports can provide a quality service ensuring access to air travel for everyone to anywhere in Europe, whatever their disability.
All airports in the Aena network offer clearly marked meeting points, where people with disabilities or reduced mobility can easily announce their arrival at the airport and ask for assistance.
The service can be requested through the Aena Aeropuertos website or the Information Service and Telephone Support number (902 404 704+34 91 321 10 00).
In 2012, the support service for people with reduced mobility helped 1,074,455 passengers. The quality indicators of this service are very high: passengers receiving the Sin Barreras (No Barriers) service gave it an average score of 4.7 out of 5.
- Go to the Aena Aeropuertos section People with Reduced Mobility.
Telephone information and helpline for hearing and/or speech impaired passengers
Aena has an information and customer service line for passengers with hearing and/or speech impairment.
This services allows users with these impairments to contact the Information and Customer Service Line from their mobile phone using text messages in real time, without the need for other people to act as intermediaries.
To use the service, which operates 24 hours a day every day of the year, interested parties should download the free app to their mobile phones from http://www.telesor.es/telesormovil.php.
Interested parties can call Aena information lines (902 404 704 / +34 91 321 10 00) for any queries or ask for assistance directly in Aena network airports.
Awards and recognition
Aena's work has been recognised with various Spanish and international awards for accessibility and universal assistance:
- The PRM service has received the Citizenship Award for Best Practices in Public Services, given by the Ministry of Territorial Policy and Public Administration as part of the 2010 Awards for Quality and Innovation in Public Management.
- Aena received the Telefónica Ability Award for "Best Public Institution", recognising that PRM are at the centre of all their actions.
- CERMI awarded Aena the ‘cermi.es 2010’ prize in the category “Universal Accessibility”, highlighting Aena's initiatives in accessibility for PRM. This prize is especially important for Aena, as it is awarded by the users of the service.
- Three Aena Aeropuertos airports (Barcelona, Madrid-Barajas and Palma de Mallorca) have received the Best Airport in Europe award given by ACI Europe. Among other aspects, this award values collaboration with disability organisations.
These are all examples of how Aena's commitment to disability is making progress in the right direction, and will encourage the organisation to continue working for improvement day by day.